Sunday, January 22, 2017

USEPA Opens Water Infrastructure Loan Applications

January 10, 2017 the USEPA began accepting applications for loans under the Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act, and the agency will consider the first round of applications submitted through April 10, 2017. The Act appropriated $17 million to EPA for credit assistance up to 49% of the cost of water system projects, with the remaining 51% of the cost required to come from other matching funds. According to the agency, the appropriation should support up to $2 billion in water infrastructure construction financing.

Passed during the Obama administration, it will be interesting whether President Trump will claim this expected $2 billion in public/private partnership spending as part of his promised $1 trillion infrastructure job creation program.

blog comments powered by Disqus